Franschhoek’s iconic Haute Cabrière Restaurant & Terrace is well known for its unique location, set into the side of Franschhoek Mountain and overlooking the Valley. Soaring arches and the view over the cathedral-like Pinot Noir Barrel Maturation Cellar below offer an experience which is not to be missed. On sunny days, guests can enjoy the beautiful vistas over Franschhoek from the terrace, while on cool days a roaring fire creates a cosy atmosphere.
PhilosophyChef Ryan Shell’s menu revolves around seasonal availability of produce, which is mostly sourced locally or even grown organically on Haute Cabriere. A selection of full- and half portions, as well as a variety of smaller bites from the bistro menu encourage guests to relax and sample a variety of enticing pairings. The flavours and textures on the plate are specifically designed to complement the range of Haute Cabriere wines and Pierre Jourdan Cap Classiques – all of them served by the glass and by the bottle. Bringing all of these elements together, Haute Cabriere offers the complete marriage of food and wine.
In additional to the a la carte menu, Haute Cabrière’s Food & Wine offerings include:
- Our “Taste of the Season” 3- or 6- course lunch tasting menu that changes daily and which is inspired by the freshest seasonal produce our Chef comes across.
- The “Haute Cabrière Vintage Tasting Menu” which is a 6-course experience that takes guests on a journey through different wine styles and vintages – including some rare finds from our vinoteque. During the winter months, this tasting menu is also available with an exclusive Pinot Noir focus.
- With the rich assortment of seasonal vegetables available – many of which are grown on Haute Cabrière – Ryan Shell has recently added a 6-course “Vegetarian Tasting Menu” to the offering, which has been met with great excitement by vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike.
- Between 15h00 and 19h00 Haute Cabriere serves small bites from our “Delicious Little Things” menu – which caters for visitors who are looking for a small bite with a glass of wine during the afternoon hours.
- During the summer months, Haute Cabriere entertains guests once a week with our “Summer Soirees” on the Terrace. Guests can enjoy light musical entertainment accompanied by a selection of small bites and platters, while watching the sunset.
T: 021 876 3688
Contact DetailsE: firstname.lastname@example.org
T: 021 876 3688