What you need know when visiting Haute Cabrière for Uncorked 2017
We hope that you enjoy your time with us, the below will help you do that:
Entrance Boom/ Parking
- Parking officials will be managing this to ensure you don’t end up having to turn around after waiting for too long in the queue. We suggest using a Franschhoek Tuk-Tuk 062 1299109 or alternate shuttle service to get to us after finding parking in the town.
- We are on a high risk road area. Traffic officials may be checking illegal parking that can cause major accidents on the pass, please ensure you abide by parking rules and take your safety and safety of others seriously.
- We are capping numbers at 220 guests at any time. We suggest arriving early to avoid disappointment. In the case where we are full, we will be allowing new guests in once others leave. Please be patient, this to ensure the time you spend us with comfortable and enjoyable.
- Seating areas will be under the shade covers on both the restaurant and tasting and room terraces, with tables and chairs, as well as the smaller terrace set up with cushions, blankets and umbrellas.
- In the case of bad weather, activities will move into the restaurant and tasting room and the Ratafia Ball Throw will be edited to an offering that can work inside.
- Web tickets will have a station at our entrance boom.
- Taxi service details will be available at the boom should you feel unsafe to drive.
- Gates open strictly from 11am, and close at 5pm. Last orders by 5:15pm.
Once you are in:
- We have changed our festival format to create an intimate atmosphere that takes advantage of our view. Festival tastings will be outside and our MCC and Oyster bar outside as well. MCC at this station will be served by the glass and bottle. ( Festival tasting glass)
- The tasting room entrance will used as wine tasting sales counter, water will be available, as well as ice and PJ Pops.
- Inside the restaurant our food and an additional wine sales point will be set up. We are running this as ‘order and collect’ Ie, choose your items, make payment, and wait to collect.
- Mr and Mr Green, our band will be performing throughout the festival in sets, when they are on a break, background music will be played.
- Sabrage will be performed at 13:30, 14:30 and 15:30 on both days.
- Only festival tasting glasses will be used. The festival has prescribed that should you require another glass due to breakage, one needs to prove this, and to get a new glass is R50 via the Web Ticket station.
- We will have card facilities, but suggest bringing some cash, just to speed up payment.
- We are a non-smoking establishment, in accordance with smoking laws, areas are marked.
Ratafia ball throw competition:
- This will be available from 11am to 5pm, with last entries at 5:15pm
- This station will be on the left as you enter, by the wooden wendy house.
- We suggest you bring your A- game to wine some great wine prizes!
- We do not allow any guests to enter the dam, for their own safety.
Emergencies and safety:
- In the case of an emergency, this will be communicated, we will direct you to where you need to go. The emergency meeting point is our bottom terrace, by the small green circle on the premises.
- We will have security on the premises to ensure the safety of guests. The right of admission is reserved and any guest/s behaving in a manner that can be seen as dangerous or aggressive to other guests, will be escorted off the premises.
- For any emergencies, we advise reporting to the guard house at the entrance if you are able to get there.
- Alternatively on site emergencies or issues can be brought to the attention of Roxy Laker or the staff members manning the stations, who will then action to Roxy Laker.
We look forward to seeing you and enjoying Uncorked at Haute Cabriere.